At Elm Street Baptist Church, our purpose is to glorify God by:
1) preaching the whole counsel of God as laid out for us in both the Old and New Testaments;
2) nurturing God’s people through instruction, fellowship and pastoral care;
3) gathering for corporate worship as the Scriptures instruct us;
4) proclaiming free grace in Christ to all men; and
5) functioning under Christ our Head as a local assembly of believers.
The intent of all of our organized activities is to promote the simplicity of congregational life around the example given us in the New Testament, in which “they continued steadfastly in the Apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.” (Acts 2:42)
Our desire as a body of believers is to strengthen Christians in their walk and to present Jesus Christ to those outside of Christ. In order to provide a Christian witness of the saving power of Jesus Christ in the Sweet Home area, we offer to individuals the opportunity to assemble for worship, Bible study and Christian fellowship.
We assist families in their responsibility “to train our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord,” by instruction from The Shorter Catechism: A Baptist Version, and Keach’s Catechism, both of which are based on the Westminster Shorter Catechism.